January 2015 Meetup
Time: Starts 22 January 7:00 pm
Location: ThoughtWorks Werkstatt Berlin U2 Senefelder Platz / M2 Knaackstr. HH (Remise) 1. OG , Mülhauser Str. 6 , 10405 Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg (map)
- "Git and Vim - maximize the joy and fun" by Matthias Günther
Follow me through my travel exploring the way to get Vim and Git running in a friendly coexistence.
- "Switch.vim and clever regexes" by Andrew Radev
I'll talk a bit about my "switch" plugin, why I made it and why I think it's a useful tool, even if it is a bit simple. I'll show you some of the clever regexes I've used in it (that you might not know about), and I'll ask you for feedback on how to make the plugin even better :)
Andrew will share the latest news about Vim and other parts of it.
Git and Vim
Here are the slides of the talk:
- @VimLinks, follow for plugins, news, blog posts.
- :wq shirt
- Cheat Ball
- The VimL Primer, a VimL book from PragProg
- A rant on Neovim vs Vim by Geoff Greer. Some valid criticism on Vim's slow development and good news for Neovim's progress.
- A discussion on Vim's development model which criticises the project's slow development, but also has some good responses from core Vim on why this is the case.
Ideas for next time
- Some time for discussion and helping newbies out?
- Tools for ruby and rails development?
Thanks to ThoughtWorks Werkstatt Berlin for hosting this event.« October 2014 Meetup February 2015 Meetup » Comments