February 2016 Meetup
Time: Starts 18 February 7:00 pm
Location: Individual Network Berlin e.V. , Lehrter Str. 53 , 10557 Berlin (map)
The next vimberlin meetup will be on 3rd thursday in February, on Feb 18th - again at IN-Berlin in Moabit/Tiergarten/Mitte,
just north of Hauptbahnhof between the bus stops
"Quitzowstraße" (Bus 123, M27) and
"Kruppstraße" (Bus 123).
Talks so far
This time the topic is:
- Vim, Zsh - and more." by Matthias Günther
- "Extending Mucks" by Matthias Günther
- ":set paste in Vim" by Matthias Günther
- internet: yes. cable+wifi
- projector: 2 projectors. (VGA+HDMI)
- room: 15 people
- drinks: fridge with 23 drinks. 1€ each.
Bring your laptops - and join the fun! And show us your use with Vim! be brief.. 5min for each presentation. We are open to any kind of questions.
See you there!
- wikimatze has adapted "mucks" in his fork and make it possible to run several tmux session at ones without using the sockets option
- lervag/vimtex: A vim plugin that provides support for writing LaTeX. Nice toggling, nice support for various PDF viewer and continous building
- clever-f.vim: Extended f, F, t, and T mappings - results will be highlighted and press the buttons again to repeat the search clever-f plugin neoyank
- Shougo/neoyank.vim: add documentation for the action-append option
- teamviewer.com/: is great when Mac machines forget their MiniDisplay-Port so that they can display their screen on the machine, which is connected to the beamer
- junegunn/vim-peekaboo: easy way to manager
- dyng/ctrlsf.vim: An ack/ag powered code search and view tool, in an intuitive way with fairly more context.
- so-fancy/diff-so-fancy: good-looking git-diffs without
- getbitbar: put script output direct in your Mac menue
- jiahaog/Nativefier: a great way to create native apps for Windows, Mac, and Linux from Webpages
Explains his desktop publishing tools/flow in Vim
- junegunn/goyo.vim: distraction free writing
- benmills/vimux: tmux and vim interaction
.vimrc: map F5 to make: nmap
.tmux.confhide statusbar: bind h set-option -g status
- reedes/vim-pencil: default settings for writing documents
- Hints: Set vim-pencil to "wrap hard" (see vim-pencil docs)
- WordCount: http://stackoverflow.com/a/116454
- Also, my dotfiles: https://github.com/oracle2025/.vim
- surf suckless: simple webbrowser able to display websites and follow links
- devdocs.io: combines multiple API for locale documentation